I am a medical oncologist specializing in the care of patients with lung cancer. My research interest lies in developing new therapies for patients with squamous cell carcinomas of the lung. Treatment options for patients with this type of lung cancer havelagged behind those for patients with lung adenocarcinomas. We are, however, beginning to unravel the molecular complexity of this disease, which we hope will herald in a new era of personalized medicine for our patients.
I am the lead investigator on all of our clinical trials for squamous cell lung cancer. I am also the lead clinical investigator in our effort to develop a comprehensive profile of the molecular perturbations found in squamous cell lung cancer tumors analyzed here at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center. This effort will help us to guide our patients to appropriate clinical trials of new drugs.
Ultimately, the goal of our care is to maintain the dignity of our patients and to address their unique and disparate needs. The research I perform is meant to foster this, by providing the hope of better survival and improved quality of life.
- Clinical Expertise: Lung Cancer
- Languages Spoken: English
- Education: MD, Weill Cornell Medical College
- Residencies: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center
- Fellowships: Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Board Certifications: Internal Medicine
Research is integral to our mission at Memorial Sloan Kettering, and clinical trials help us discover better forms of patient care and treatment. For you, this could mean access to a new therapy or therapy combination. Click to see a list of the trials I’m currently leading.
Clinical Trials Led by Paul K. Paik
Clinical Trials Co-Investigated by Paul K. Paik
- A Phase Ib/II Study of OMP-59R5 plus Etoposide and Cisplatin in Patients with Previously Untreated Extensive Stage Small Cell Lung Cancer
- A Phase II Study of BIBF 1120 (Nintedanib) for Recurrent Malignant Pleural Mesothelioma
- A Phase II Study of Nintedanib plus Prednisone to Treat Radiation Pneumonitis
- A Phase II Study of Tazemetostat in Patients with Recurrent or Persistent Malignant Mesothelioma
- Phase I Study of PF-02341066 in People with Advanced Cancer
Most major health insurers offer plans that include MSK as one of their in-network providers. If MSK is in-network, it means all our doctors are too. Medicaid and New York State Medicare also provide benefits for care at MSK.Learn more