I am a medical oncologist specializing in the care of patients with lung cancer. My research interest lies in developing new therapies for patients with squamous cell carcinomas of the lung. Treatment options for patients with this type of lung cancer havelagged behind those for patients with lung adenocarcinomas. We are, however, beginning to unravel the molecular complexity of this disease, which we hope will herald in a new era of personalized medicine for our patients.
I am the lead investigator on all of our clinical trials for squamous cell lung cancer. I am also the lead clinical investigator in our effort to develop a comprehensive profile of the molecular perturbations found in squamous cell lung cancer tumors analyzed here at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center. This effort will help us to guide our patients to appropriate clinical trials of new drugs.
Ultimately, the goal of our care is to maintain the dignity of our patients and to address their unique and disparate needs. The research I perform is meant to foster this, by providing the hope of better survival and improved quality of life.
- Clinical Expertise: Lung Cancer
- Languages Spoken: English
- Education: MD, Weill Cornell Medical College
- Residencies: Internal Medicine - New York Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center
- Fellowships: Medical Oncology - Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center; Medicine - New York Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center
- Board Certifications: Internal Medicine
Research is integral to our mission at Memorial Sloan Kettering, and clinical trials help us discover better forms of patient care and treatment. For you, this could mean access to a new therapy or therapy combination. Click to see a list of the trials I’m currently leading.
Clinical Trials Led by Paul K. Paik
- A Phase I Study of Certolizumab plus Chemotherapy for Patients with Stage IV Lung Adenocarcinoma
- A Phase II Study of Albumin-Bound Paclitaxel and Gemcitabine in Patients with Stage IV Squamous Cell Lung Cancer
- A Phase II Study of MLN0128 to Treat Advanced Squamous Cell Lung Cancer
- A Phase II Study of Tepotinib in Patients with Stage IIIB-IV Lung Adenocarcinoma
Clinical Trials Co-Investigated by Paul K. Paik
- A Phase II Study of BIBF 1120 (Nintedanib) for Recurrent Malignant Pleural Mesothelioma
- A Phase II Study of Nintedanib plus Prednisone to Treat Radiation Pneumonitis
- A Phase II Study of Tazemetostat in Patients with Recurrent or Persistent Malignant Mesothelioma
- A Phase II/III Study of Chemotherapy with or without ADI-PEG 20 in Patients with Malignant Pleural Mesothelioma
- A Phase III Study of Immunotherapy versus Chemotherapy to Treat Inoperable Pleural Mesothelioma
- Phase I Study of PF-02341066 in People with Advanced Cancer
Most major health insurers offer plans that include MSK as one of their in-network providers. If MSK is in-network, it means all our doctors are too. Medicaid and New York State Medicare also provide benefits for care at MSK.Learn more