I am a board-certified medical oncologist with a practice devoted to treating patients with breast cancer. My laboratory and clinical research both focus on developing new treatment strategies against breast cancers that develop resistance to standard treatments. This involves studies designed to understand the molecular mechanisms underlying resistance and to identify new molecular targets that may inform novel therapeutic approaches.
I am fortunate to work with an exceptional team of physicians and scientists who share my goal of eradicating this disease.
- Clinical Expertise: Breast Cancer
- Languages Spoken: English
- Education: MD, Wake Forest School of Medicine; PhD, University of North Carolina
- Residencies: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center
- Fellowships: Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Board Certifications: Internal Medicine; Medical Oncology
Research is integral to our mission at Memorial Sloan Kettering, and clinical trials help us discover better forms of patient care and treatment. For you, this could mean access to a new therapy or therapy combination. Click to see a list of the trials I’m currently leading.
Clinical Trials Led by Sarat Chandarlapaty
Clinical Trials Co-Investigated by Sarat Chandarlapaty
- A Phase I Study of AZD9496 in Women with Estrogen Receptor-Positive HER2-Negative Breast Cancer
- A Phase I Study of BYL719 with Letrozole or Exemestane for Treating Locally Advanced Inoperable or Metastatic Breast Cancer
- A Phase I Study of DLYE5953A in Patients with Advanced or Persistent Solid Tumors
- A Phase I Study of GDC-0927 in Postmenopausal Women with Locally Advanced or Metastatic Estrogen Receptor-Positive Breast Cancer
- A Phase I Study of LJM716, BYL719, and Trastuzumab in Women with Metastatic HER2-Positive Breast Cancer
- A Phase I/IB Study of LSZ102 Alone and with LEE011 or BYL719 in Patients with Metastatic Estrogen Receptor-Positive Breast Cancer
Most major health insurers offer plans that include MSK as one of their in-network providers. If MSK is in-network, it means all our doctors are too. Medicaid and New York State Medicare also provide benefits for care at MSK.Learn more