I am a board-certified medical oncologist with a practice devoted to treating patients with breast cancer. My laboratory and clinical research both focus on developing new treatment strategies against breast cancers that develop resistance to standard treatments. This involves studies designed to understand the molecular mechanisms underlying resistance and to identify new molecular targets that may inform novel therapeutic approaches.
Read more Read less
I am fortunate to work with an exceptional team of physicians and scientists who share my goal of eradicating this disease.
I work closely with nurse practitioner Maureen Cannon. We combine our expertise to provide comprehensive care to our patients at every step of their cancer journey.
- Clinical Expertise: Breast Cancer
- Languages Spoken: English
- Education: MD, Wake Forest University School of Medicine
- Residencies: Internal Medicine - New York Presbyterian Hospital
- Fellowships: Hematology/Medical Oncology - Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Board Certifications: Internal Medicine; Medical Oncology
Research is integral to our mission at Memorial Sloan Kettering, and clinical trials help us discover better forms of patient care and treatment. For you, this could mean access to a new therapy or therapy combination. Click to see a list of the trials I’m currently leading.
Read more Read less
Clinical Trials Led by Sarat Chandarlapaty
Clinical Trials Co-Investigated by Sarat Chandarlapaty
- A Phase I Study of GDC-0927 in Postmenopausal Women with Locally Advanced or Metastatic Estrogen Receptor-Positive Breast Cancer
- A Phase I Study of GDC-9545 Alone or with Palbociclib and/or Hormonal Therapy to Treat Advanced or Metastatic ER-Positive, HER2-Negative Breast Cancer
- A Phase I Study of LJM716, BYL719, and Trastuzumab in Women with Metastatic HER2-Positive Breast Cancer
- A Phase I/IB Study of LSZ102 Alone and with LEE011 or BYL719 in Patients with Metastatic Estrogen Receptor-Positive Breast Cancer
- A Phase IB Study of Debio 1347 plus Fulvestrant in Women with Metastatic Breast Cancer
Most major health insurers offer plans that include MSK as one of their in-network providers. If MSK is in-network, it means all our doctors are too. Medicaid and New York State Medicare also provide benefits for care at MSK.Learn more