Every person who comes to Memorial Sloan Kettering for treatment of a brain tumor receives compassionate, personalized care from our expert disease management team. Your team will include doctors, nurses, and other experts whose sole focus is tumors arising in the brain.
- Our surgery patients benefit from the experience of a team that performs more than 800 operations for brain tumors each year.
- Our patients have access to new chemotherapy drugs through our program of clinical trials.
- We personalize your treatment using genetic information about your tumor.
- We deliver powerful doses of radiation therapy directly to tumors through the most precise methods available.
- Our doctors focus on your quality of life throughout your treatment, making sure you get the support you need to feel cared for, safe, and whole.
Specialists from all areas of brain tumor care will design a treatment plan especially for you. Bringing together experts in surgery, chemotherapy, radiation therapy, and quality-of-life issues helps us ensure that we choose the combination of therapies that will most effectively treat the tumor and provide you with the best outcome possible.
Our experts also use personalized molecular medicine to help select your treatment. Called molecular profiling, this approach takes into account the tumor’s genetic information to help determine which treatments likely will be most effective for you. Molecular profiling can also help your team determine whether a clinical trial would be beneficial to you.