At Memorial Sloan Kettering, it’s one of our priorities to continue to check in with you once your active treatments are over to be sure you’re healing well and managing any side effects, and to watch for any signs that your cancer is returning.
We offer comprehensive follow-up care for people who’ve been treated here as part of our institution-wide Survivorship Initiative.
As part of your follow-up care, you may be seen by an advanced practice provider (APP). APPs are members of your healthcare team that work with your doctor to provide you with care, or may see you instead of your doctor. APPs have specialized training. One type of APP is a nurse practitioner.
A nurse practitioner who specializes in the care of uterine (endometrial) cancer survivors may work with your physicians to provide your follow-up care. In addition to monitoring you for signs of cancer recurrence, your team will focus on identifying, preventing, and controlling any long-term and late effects associated with your treatment.
Your MSK Follow-Up Providers
During a survivorship follow-up, we may:
- perform a physical exam and review your medical history
- complete an assessment to detect the recurrence of cancer
- identify, evaluate, and manage any long-term or late effects of cancer and its treatment (both physical and psychological)
- discuss methods to prevent new health problems and make health recommendations related to nutrition, exercise, and quitting tobacco use
- recommend appropriate cancer screening or genetic testing for other cancers
We may also request a pelvic exam, Pap smear, and imaging scan. If you experience any new symptoms between follow-up appointments, please contact your doctor right away.
In addition to working closely with your treatment team, we can provide a treatment summary and Survivorship Care Plan to you, your primary care doctor, and other medical providers. Your physicians can then incorporate this information into your overall medical plan. After each visit, we will update your other medical providers.
As your need for these follow-up visits decreases, we may recommend that you shift your care to your primary care doctor or gynecologist.
Request an Appointment
Available Monday through Friday, to (Eastern time)