All applicants are required to be affiliated with a university for liability purposes as well as to scaffold the learning from the internship. An affiliation agreement between MSK and your institution must be obtained before the start of the internship. We accept one intern every spring and fall semester. MSK offers a full time 600 hour internship during which interns will experience at least 2 rotations with separate child life rotation supervisors. Interns will also have an opportunity to follow all the child life specialists in most areas of the center to ensure a comprehensive learning experience.
We adhere to the application and offer deadlines suggested by the Association for Child Life Professionals, use the ACLP common application and require the following:
- Resume and cover letter
- A minimum of 100 hours experience with well children
- A minimum of 100 hours of volunteer experience with children in a healthcare setting or with special needs under the supervision of a CCLS
- Three Common Recommendation Forms emailed directly to the Child Life Internship Coordinator from individuals who can speak to your work with children and potential as a child life specialist
- Unofficial college transcripts
- Successful completion of child life coursework inclusive of the 6 applied areas of study as required by ACLP
- Completion of the academic coursework portion of the ACLP eligibility assessment (active enrollment in an ACLP endorsed program will also be accepted)
- All supporting ACLP verification documents as needed
Completed applications can only be submitted electronically via email to [email protected].
Feel free to reach out to me with any further questions. Thank you for your interest.