I am a medical oncologist whose practice is devoted to caring for people with lymphoma. I have clinical expertise in the diagnosis and treatment of both Hodgkin and non-Hodgkin lymphoma and my research focus is on mantle cell lymphoma. I work closely with a team of lymphoma experts from many different departments. We are dedicated to providing personalized and compassionate care to our patients.
Read more Read less
The lymphoma team’s mission is not only to provide the best care but also to push the envelope in terms of improving outcomes for our patients. I am grateful to be involved in clinical trials research aimed at improving treatments for patients with Hodgkin and non-Hodgkin lymphoma. Because of our innovative research program, we are able to deliver therapies that are not yet available anywhere else. Many of these treatments are less toxic and more effective than standard treatments. Currently, I am the principal investigator of clinical trials that incorporate novel biologically targeted therapies. These include ibrutinib (Imbruvica®), brentuximab vedotin (Adcetris®), lenalidomide (Revlimid®), and venetoclax (Venclexta™).
When people come to Memorial Sloan Kettering for their diagnosis and treatment, they benefit from the unparalleled experience and expertise of an entire group of people focused on their care. We regularly consult with one another to develop optimal treatment plans that align with our patients’ individual diagnoses, circumstances, and personal goals. As their doctor, I consider myself my patients’ advocate and guide throughout their entire journey, and I feel privileged and humbled to be a part of their lives.
- Clinical Expertise: Hodgkin Lymphoma; Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma; Mantle Cell Lymphoma; Diffuse Large B-cell Lymphoma; Clinical Trials Research; Novel Therapeutic Agents; Minimal Residual Disease Testing
- Languages Spoken: English
- Education: MD, Northwestern University
- Residencies: Internal Medicine - Brigham and Women's Hospital
- Fellowships: Medical Oncology - Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Board Certifications: Internal Medicine; Medical Oncology; Hematology
Research is integral to our mission at Memorial Sloan Kettering, and clinical trials help us discover better forms of patient care and treatment. For you, this could mean access to a new therapy or therapy combination. Click to see a list of the trials I’m currently leading.
Read more Read less
Clinical Trials Led by Anita Kumar
Clinical Trials Co-Investigated by Anita Kumar
- A Phase I Study of an Arginine Methyltransferase Inhibitor (PRMT5, GSK3326595) in Patients with Solid Tumors and Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma
- A Phase Ib/II Study Combining Chemotherapy and Immunotherapy for the Treatment of Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma
- A Pilot Study of Brentuximab Vedotin with Chemotherapy and Radiation Therapy in Early-Stage Poor-Risk Newly Diagnosed Hodgkin Lymphoma
Most major health insurers offer plans that include MSK as one of their in-network providers. If MSK is in-network, it means all our doctors are too. Medicaid and New York State Medicare also provide benefits for care at MSK.Learn more