I am a medical oncologist who focuses exclusively on the medical treatment of gynecologic cancers. I also lead Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center’s research program in chemotherapy for patients newly diagnosed with ovarian cancer and have a particular expertise in the management of both advanced gestational trophoblastic disease (GTD) and germ cell tumors of the ovary.
In addition, I am the co-principal investigator for Memorial Sloan Kettering participation in the Gynecologic Oncology Group (GOG) and serve on the Phase I committee and the Medical Oncology Committee for the GOG.
My recent honors include a career development award from the American Society of Clinical Oncology and the Boyer Award for outstanding young investigators at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center.
- Clinical Expertise: Gynecologic Oncology; Gestational Trophoblastic Disease
- Awards and Honors: New York Magazine Top Doctors (2015, 2016)
- Languages Spoken: English
- Education: MD, State University of New York Downstate Medical Center
- Residencies: Mount Sinai Medical Center (New York)
- Fellowships: Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Board Certifications: Internal Medicine; Medical Oncology
Research is integral to our mission at Memorial Sloan Kettering, and clinical trials help us discover better forms of patient care and treatment. For you, this could mean access to a new therapy or therapy combination. Click to see a list of the trials I’m currently leading.
Clinical Trials Led by Carol Aghajanian
- A Phase II/III Study of Paclitaxel/Carboplatin with and without Metformin for Treating Stage III or IV or Recurrent Endometrial Cancer
- A Phase III Study of Carboplatin/Paclitaxel with or without Veliparib in Women with Previously Untreated Stage III/IV Ovarian, Fallopian Tube, or Primary Peritoneal Cancer
Clinical Trials Co-Investigated by Carol Aghajanian
- A Phase I Study of Selinexor (KPT-330) with Paclitaxel and Carboplatin for Treating Advanced Ovarian and Endometrial Cancers
- A Phase II Study of Dasatinib to Treat Recurrent Clear Cell Cancer of the Ovaries or Endometrium
- A Phase III Study of Olaparib Alone or with Cediranib versus Standard Chemotherapy in Women with Recurrent Ovarian Cancer
- Phase I Study of Olaparib in Combination with Chemotherapy in Patients Newly Diagnosed with Ovarian, Fallopian Tube, or Primary Peritoneal Cancer
Most major health insurers offer plans that include MSK as one of their in-network providers. If MSK is in-network, it means all our doctors are too. Medicaid and New York State Medicare also provide benefits for care at MSK.Learn more