I am a medical oncologist who focuses exclusively on the medical treatment of gynecologic cancers. I also lead Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center’s research program in chemotherapy for patients newly diagnosed with ovarian cancer and have a particular expertise in the management of both advanced gestational trophoblastic disease (GTD) and germ cell tumors of the ovary.
Read more Read less
In addition, I am the co-principal investigator for Memorial Sloan Kettering participation in the Gynecologic Oncology Group (GOG) and serve on the Phase I committee and the Medical Oncology Committee for the GOG.
My recent honors include a career development award from the American Society of Clinical Oncology and the Boyer Award for outstanding young investigators at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center.
- Clinical Expertise: Gynecologic Oncology; Gestational Trophoblastic Disease
- Awards and Honors: Castle Connolly: New York Magazine Top Doctors (2015-2017)
- Languages Spoken: English
- Education: MD, SUNY Health Science Center at Brooklyn
- Residencies: Internal Medicine - Mount Sinai Hospital
- Fellowships: Medical Oncology/Hematology - Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Board Certifications: Internal Medicine; Medical Oncology
Research is integral to our mission at Memorial Sloan Kettering, and clinical trials help us discover better forms of patient care and treatment. For you, this could mean access to a new therapy or therapy combination. Click to see a list of the trials I’m currently leading.
Read more Read less
Clinical Trials Led by Carol Aghajanian
Clinical Trials Co-Investigated by Carol Aghajanian
- A Phase I Study of Selinexor (KPT-330) with Paclitaxel and Carboplatin for Treating Advanced Ovarian and Endometrial Cancers
- A Phase IA/B Study of SC-003 in Patients with Persistent Ovarian Cancer
- A Phase II Study of a New Tablet Formulation of Olaparib to Treat Women with Recurrent Ovarian Cancer
- A Phase II Study of Atezolizumab Immunotherapy plus Bevacizumab in Patients with Recurrent, Persistent, or Metastatic Cervical Cancer
- A Phase II Study of AZD1775 plus Chemotherapy Versus Chemotherapy Alone in Patients with TP53-Mutated Ovarian, Fallopian Tube, or Peritoneal Cancer
- A Phase II Study of Immunotherapy with Nivolumab, with or without Ipilimumab, for Women with Persistent or Recurrent Ovarian, Primary Peritoneal, or Fallopian Tube Cancer
- A Phase II Study of MLN0128 Alone and with MLN1117, and Paclitaxel Alone and with MLN0128, in Women with Endometrial Cancer
- A Phase III Study Comparing Three Drug Regimens Using Liposomal Doxorubicin, Bevacizumab, and/or Atezolizumab Immunotherapy to Treat Recurrent or Persistent Ovarian Cancer
- A Phase III Study of Mirvetuximab Soravtansine versus Chemotherapy to Treat Ovarian, Primary Peritoneal, or Fallopian Tube Cancer
- A Phase III Study of Niraparib as Maintenance Therapy after Initial Chemotherapy for Women with Ovarian Cancer
- Molecular Analysis of Therapy Choice (MATCH): A Phase II Basket Trial to Assess Targeted Therapies
Most major health insurers offer plans that include MSK as one of their in-network providers. If MSK is in-network, it means all our doctors are too. Medicaid and New York State Medicare also provide benefits for care at MSK.Learn more