I am a medical oncologist who focuses exclusively on the medical treatment of gynecologic cancers. I also lead Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center’s research program in chemotherapy for patients newly diagnosed with ovarian cancer and have a particular expertise in the management of both advanced gestational trophoblastic disease (GTD) and germ cell tumors of the ovary.
In addition, I am the co-principal investigator for Memorial Sloan Kettering participation in the Gynecologic Oncology Group (GOG) and serve on the Phase I committee and the Medical Oncology Committee for the GOG.
My recent honors include a career development award from the American Society of Clinical Oncology and the Boyer Award for outstanding young investigators at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center.
- Clinical Expertise: Gynecologic Oncology; Gestational Trophoblastic Disease
- Languages Spoken: English
- Education: MD, State University of New York Downstate Medical Center
- Residencies: Mount Sinai Medical Center (New York)
- Fellowships: Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Board Certifications: Internal Medicine; Medical Oncology
Research is integral to our mission at Memorial Sloan Kettering, and clinical trials help us discover better forms of patient care and treatment. For you, this could mean access to a new therapy or therapy combination. Click to see a list of the trials I’m currently leading.
Clinical Trials Led by Carol Aghajanian
Clinical Trials Co-Investigated by Carol Aghajanian
- A Phase I Study of BKM120 and Olaparib in Patients with High-Grade Serous Ovarian Cancer
- A Phase I Study of Carboplatin/Paclitaxel/Bevacizumab and ABT-888 in Patients with Previously Untreated Epithelial Ovarian, Fallopian Tube, or Primary Peritoneal Cancer
- A Phase I Study of Selinexor (KPT-330) with Paclitaxel and Carboplatin for Treating Advanced Ovarian and Endometrial Cancers
- A Phase II Study of AZD1775 plus Chemotherapy Versus Chemotherapy Alone in Patients with TP53-Mutated Ovarian, Fallopian Tube, or Peritoneal Cancer
- A Phase II Study of Dasatinib to Treat Recurrent Clear Cell Cancer of the Ovaries or Endometrium
- A Phase II Study of Nivolumab with or without Ipilimumab for Women with Persistent or Recurrent Ovarian, Primary Peritoneal, or Fallopian Tube Cancer
- A Phase II Study of Paclitaxel/Carboplatin versus Bleomycin/Etoposide/Cisplatin for Patients with Advanced Ovarian Stromal Tumors Who Have Not Received Chemotherapy
- A Phase II Study of Rucaparib in Patients Recurrent Ovarian, Fallopian Tube, or Primary Peritoneal Cancer
- A Phase III Study of MEK162 versus Standard Chemotherapy in Patients with Recurrent or Persistent Low-Grade Serous Ovarian, Fallopian Tube, or Primary Peritoneal Cancer: The MILO Study
- A Phase III Study of Rucaparib after Platinum-Based Chemotherapy in Women with High-Grade Ovarian, Fallopian Tube, or Primary Peritoneal Cancer
- Phase I Study of Olaparib in Combination with Chemotherapy in Patients Newly Diagnosed with Ovarian, Fallopian Tube, or Primary Peritoneal Cancer