I am a board-certified medical oncologist specializing in the care of patients with lung cancer. In addition to serving as Chief of the Thoracic Oncology Service at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, I co-chair the Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group Thoracic Committee, and am a member of the National Cancer Institute Thoracic Malignancies Steering Committee.
I direct a broad research program of therapeutic research with the ultimate goal of improving the outcome for patients with lung cancer. My research includes laboratory-based investigations to identify and test novel treatment approaches to lung cancer, early-phase clinical trials to bring these ideas to the clinic, and later-phase studies to establish the efficacy of these new approaches. We are interested in small cell and non-small cell lung cancers. Some of the strategies my group has explored both in the laboratory and in the clinic include turning back on genes silenced in cancer, re-activating cancer cell death pathways, and treating lung cancer with a cancer-specific virus.
- Clinical Expertise: Lung Cancer and Other Thoracic Malignancies; Developmental Therapies
- Languages Spoken: English
- Education: MD, PhD, University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine
- Residencies: University of Chicago Medical Center
- Fellowships: University of Chicago Medical Center
- Board Certifications: Medical Oncology
Research is integral to our mission at Memorial Sloan Kettering, and clinical trials help us discover better forms of patient care and treatment. For you, this could mean access to a new therapy or therapy combination. Click to see a list of the trials I’m currently leading.
Clinical Trials Led by Charles M. Rudin
Clinical Trials Co-Investigated by Charles M. Rudin
- A Phase I Study of Genetically Engineered T Cells (CAR T Cells) to Treat Mesothelioma and Malignant Pleural Disease from Lung and Breast Cancers
- A Phase I Study of Intratumoral Clostridium novyi-NT Spores in Patients with Persistent Solid Tumors
- A Phase I Study of MPDL3280A (Anti-PD-L1) plus INCB024360 in Patients with Previously Treated Stage IIIB or IV Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer
- A Phase I/II Study of Ulocuplumab plus Nivolumab in Patients with Pancreatic and Small Cell Lung Cancers
- A Phase Ib/II Study of Entinostat plus Pembrolizumab in Patients with Metastatic Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer