I am a medical oncologist who has expertise in treating and researching bone and soft tissue sarcomas and merkel cell carcinoma. I work very closely with our team of medical oncologists, surgeons, radiation oncologists, nurses, and patient support advocates. We provide our patients with the best care and treatment options for their unique disease and circumstances.
Read more Read less
My research aims to develop new and more personalized therapies to treat sarcomas. I am actively involved in developing and designing clinical trials that will look at novel agents that target molecular changes within tumors. I am also studying innovative combination immunotherapy options that will harness a person’s own immune defenses to fight their cancer.
I have a particular interest in advancing our understanding of gastrointestinal stromal tumors and other sarcomas at the molecular level. I am using liquid biopsies to analyze tumor DNA in the blood and tumor biopsies to uncover a biomarker that will ultimately help us match the best treatment option with each individual person’s tumor.
When someone is diagnosed with a rare cancer like a sarcoma, they may think there are limited treatment options. At MSK, the rare is not uncommon. We have an entire team of experts who are solely focused on diagnosing and treating sarcomas. We are constantly looking for newer and better ways to care for our patients.
- Clinical Expertise: Bone and Soft Tissue Sarcomas; Merkel Cell Carcinoma
- Awards and Honors: Irish Society of Medical Oncology Scholarship Award (2014); American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) Merit Award (2017); ASCO Young Investigator Award (2017)
- Languages Spoken: English
- Education: MBBCh BAO, University College Dublin
- Residencies: Internal medicine – The Royal College of Physicians of Ireland
- Fellowships: Medical Oncology – The Royal College of Physicians Ireland; Medical Oncology - Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Board Certifications: Internal Medicine (Ireland); Medical Oncology (Ireland & Europe)
As home to one of the world’s top cancer research centers, Memorial Sloan Kettering is typically involved in more than 900 clinical trials at a given time. Currently, clinical trials focused on the conditions I treat are enrolling new patients. If you’re interested in joining a clinical trial, click to learn about the trial’s purpose, eligibility criteria, and how to get more information.Learn more
Most major health insurers offer plans that include MSK as one of their in-network providers. If MSK is in-network, it means all our doctors are too. Medicaid and New York State Medicare also provide benefits for care at MSK.Learn more