I am a medical oncologist who specializes in the treatment of patients with gastrointestinal cancers. My research interests focus on the development of new therapies. In particular, I am investigating innovative ways to use the immune system to treat cancer.
- Clinical Expertise: Colorectal, Pancreas, Bile Duct, and other Gastrointestinal Cancers; Immunotherapy and Cancer Vaccines.
- Languages Spoken: English
- Education: MD, University of Witwatersrand
- Residencies: Internal Medicine - New York University Medical Center
- Fellowships: Medical Oncology - Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Board Certifications: Internal Medicine, Medical Oncology
Research is integral to our mission at Memorial Sloan Kettering, and clinical trials help us discover better forms of patient care and treatment. For you, this could mean access to a new therapy or therapy combination. Click to see a list of the trials I’m currently leading.
Clinical Trials Led by Neil H. Segal
- A Phase I Study of Lirilumab plus Nivolumab Immunotherapy in Patients with Advanced Solid Tumors
- A Phase I/II Study of Urelumab with Nivolumab Immunotherapy to Treat Advanced Solid Tumors and B-Cell Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma
- A Phase IB Study of Cobimetinib with Bevacizumab and Atezolizumab Immunotherapy in Patients with Progressive Metastatic Colorectal Cancer
- A Phase IB Study of RO6958688 plus Atezolizumab in Patients with Locally Advanced or Metastatic Solid Tumors
- A Phase II Study of MEDI4736 in Patients with Advanced Colorectal Cancer with Certain Immunological Features
Clinical Trials Co-Investigated by Neil H. Segal
- A Phase I Study of High-Dose-Rate Brachytherapy plus Chemotherapy in Patients with Recurrent Rectal or Anal Cancer
- A Phase I Study of LAG525 and PDR001 in Patients with Advanced Cancers
- A Phase I Study of PF-06671008 Immunotherapy in Patients with Advanced Solid Tumors
- A Phase I/II Study of Immunotherapy with Nivolumab Alone and with Ipilimumab in Patients with Advanced or Metastatic Solid Tumors
- A Phase IA/IB Study of Immunotherapy with MTIG7192Awith or without Atezolizumab in Patients with Advanced Cancers
- A Phase Ib Study of Immunotherapy with RO6895882 plus Atezolizumab in Patients with Locally Advanced or Metastatic Solid Tumors
- A Phase II Study of Atezolizumab Immunotherapy in Patients with Advanced Solid Tumors
Most major health insurers offer plans that include MSK as one of their in-network providers. If MSK is in-network, it means all our doctors are too. Medicaid and New York State Medicare also provide benefits for care at MSK.Learn more