During a genetic counseling consultation, your genetic counselor will assess your personal and family history. We will determine which hereditary cancer genes, if any, should be analyzed. Your genetic counselor can provide more detailed information that may apply to you and your family.
Many genetic mutations are linked to hereditary cancers. Some mutations may be linked to one particular type of cancer, while others may increase your risk for many kinds of cancer. Hereditary cancer syndromes may also be connected to other conditions that are not cancer.
On these pages you will find information about the following:
- BRCA1 and BRCA2 Genes
- Lynch Syndrome
- Hereditary Breast Cancer
- Hereditary Colon Cancer and Polyposis
- Hereditary Diffuse Gastric Cancer (HDGC) Syndrome
- Hereditary Pancreatic Cancer
- Hereditary Kidney Cancer
- Hereditary Prostate Cancer
- Hereditary Ovarian and Uterine (Endometrial) Cancers
- Hereditary Pediatric Cancers
- Li-Fraumeni Syndrome
- Other Hereditary Cancer Syndromes