Description of the Program:
The Comprehensive Geriatric Assessment (CGA) is a multidimensional, interdisciplinary diagnostic process to determine the medical, psychological and functional capabilities of an older person to develop a coordinated and integrated plan for treatment and long-term follow up based on an individual’s level of frailty. This course prepares the clinician in its domains and its practical use in clinic.
- Understand the various domains of the CGA
- Identify benefits to treatment decision making for older cancer patients based on evaluation
- Recognize up to date screening tools for various health domains
- Appreciate necessary resources available for CGA implementation in clinic
- Understand recent research updates in oncology given the use of CGA
This online module is currently offered at no cost.
As part of the MSK Geriatric Workforce Enhancement Program (GWEP), awarded and supported by Grant Number U1QHP28705 from the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), an operating division of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Its contents are solely the responsibility of the authors and do not necessarily represent the official views of the Health Resources and Services Administration or the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.