- I have registered and paid for a course on MSKCC.org. Where do I log in to begin the lectures?
- Does this new course cover the same material as Advanced Acupuncture for the Cancer Patient?
- How was the course developed? Who teaches it?
- How long does it take to complete the course?
- Is there a test at the end of the course? If so, how is it graded? If I don’t pass it the first time, how many times can I take it?
- Are credits recognized by individual state licensing boards?
- I see the complete list of lectures for my course but can only watch one at a time. Why?
- How long will I have access to course material?
- Will I be able to print course materials?
- Can I share course information with other professionals and colleagues?
- How long is the course available?
Our Integrative Medicine Service enlists Bridge, a native cloud learning management system, to offer a unique engagement platform to host our online courses. Bridge’s intuitive design and mobile platforms will allow you to complete your course on your mobile phone, tablet, or laptop.
Once your payment of the course fee is processed successfully, you will receive a receipt from MSK sent directly to the email account you entered during registration. Within 48 hours, the Integrative Medicine Education Coordinator will upload your name, email, and course selection into Bridge. Once completed, you will receive an email from Bridge containing a link to access the Bridge app. You will be asked to create a username and password to establish your personal Bridge account. Every time you wish to watch a lecture, you will return to the Bridge app and enter the username and password you created.Back to top
Yes, this course covers similar content to our previous course, but provides completely updated material to improve your practice. This course is open to all professionals who have completed our former Acupuncture for the Cancer Patient or the Advanced Acupuncture for the Cancer Patient courses.Back to top
The course is a product of the faculty and staff of the Integrative Medicine Service at MSK. Faculty presenters represent experts in their fields and are all employees of MSK.Back to top
The entire course lasts approximately 15 hours. You have 60 days from the date you first log in to the course to complete all lectures and take the exam. We permit one 30-day extension per student.Back to top
5. Is there a test at the end of the course? If so, how is it graded? If I don’t pass it the first time, how many times can I take it?
As a NCCAOM PDA program provider, we are required to give and collect assessments at the end of the course. Students are tested only on the material related to the acupuncture research and clinical practice guidelines.
The exam was written by the MSK faculty members who developed the video lectures and covers the acupuncture research and clinical practice lecture. Questions are a mixture of multiple choice and true-false. Passing requires a score of at least 80 percent correct. It is automatically scored through the Bridge app. You have a maximum of three tries to pass the exam.Back to top
The Integrative Medicine Service is an approved provider of the National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (NCCAOM). NCCAOM credits are recognized in all but nine states (California, Wyoming, North Dakota, South Dakota, Kansas, Oklahoma, Louisiana, Alabama, and Maryland). Of these nine these states, some have their own exam; others have no regulation.Back to top
The course is designed so that each lecture becomes available only after the previous lecture is viewed. After you complete a lecture, you can return to view it again if you wish.Back to top
Your login will be active for 60 days from the day you first enter the course. After 60 days, you will still be able to log into your Bridge account, in case you need a second copy of your certificate or receipt, but the videos will be closed to you.Back to top
Some video lectures do include handouts or PowerPoint presentations. If attachments are included with a specific video, then yes, you are able to download and print those attachments. Instructions to download any available handouts are included and demonstrated in Bridge.Back to top
No. Only people registered for the course have access to course materials.Back to top
The course will be permanently posted to the MSKCC.org, and there is no cutoff date as to when you can sign up for the course.Back to top