- I have registered and paid for a course on MSKCC.org. Where do I log in to begin the lectures?
- Does the online course cover the same material that was offered in live training courses from previous years?
- How was the course developed? Who teaches it?
- How long does it take to complete the course?
- Is there a test at the end of the course? If so, how is it graded? If I don’t pass it the first time, how many times can I take it?
- Are credits recognized by individual state licensing boards?
- How do I earn the six PDA points for my NCCAOM license? Do I get a certificate?
- I see the complete list of lectures for my course, but can only watch one at a time. Why?
- How long will I have access to course material?
- Will I be able to print course materials?
- Can I share course information with other professionals and/or colleagues?
- How long is the course available?
Our Integrative Medicine Service enlists Bridge, a native cloud Learning Management System, to offer a unique engagement platform to host our online courses. Bridge’s intuitive design and mobile platforms will allow you to complete your course on your mobile phone, tablet, or laptop.
Once your payment of the course fee is processed successfully, you will receive a receipt from MSK sent directly to the email account you entered during registration. Within 48 hours, the Integrative Medicine Education Coordinator will upload your name, email, and course selection into Bridge. Once completed, you will receive an email from Bridge containing a link to access the Bridge app. You will be asked to create a username and password to establish your personal Bridge account. Every time you wish to watch a lecture, you will return to the Bridge app and enter the username and password you created.
2. Does the online course cover the same material that was offered in live training courses from previous years?
Yes, our course content addresses all of the objectives taught in our live and online offerings. Content and lectures are reviewed by the staff of the Integrative Medicine Service and expanded and updated when appropriate.
The course is a product of faculty and staff of the Integrative Medicine Service at MSK. Faculty presenters represent experts in their fields and are all employees of MSK.
The entire course lasts six hours. You have 60 days from the date you first log in to the course to complete all lectures and take the exam. We permit one 30-day extension per student.
5. Is there a test at the end of the course? If so, how is it graded? If I don’t pass it the first time, how many times can I take it?
There is an exam, which must be completed in one sitting. The exam was written by the MSK faculty members who developed the video lectures and covers all material included in the course. Questions are a mixture of multiple choice and true-false. Passing requires a score of at least 80 percent correct. It is automatically scored through the Bridge app. You have a maximum of three tries to pass the exam.
The Integrative Medicine Service is an approved provider of the National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (NCCAOM). The NCCAOM Professional Development Activity committee has reviewed and approved this course for six PDA points. NCCAOM credits are recognized in all but nine states (CA, WY, ND, SD, KS, OK, LA, AL, and MD). Of these nine these states, some have their own exam; others have no regulation.
After you watch all lectures in their entirety, pass the exam, and fill out the course evaluation form, you will be able to print your NCCAOM certificate. You can submit your continuing education credit for licensure renewal through the NCCAOM website.
The course is designed so that each lecture becomes available only after the previous lecture is viewed. After you complete a lecture, you can return to view it again if you wish.
Your login will be active for 60 days from the day you first enter the course. After 60 days, you will still be able to log into your Bridge account, in case you need a second copy of your certificate or receipt, but the videos will be closed to you.
Some video lectures do include handouts or PowerPoint presentations. If attachments are include with a specific video,then yes you are able to download and print those attachments. You will be notified if there are attachments included with a video.
No. Only people registered for the course have access to course materials.
The course will be permanently posted to the MSKCC.org and there is no cut-off date as to when you can sign up for the course.