Dr. Ostrovnaya is interested in statistical methods in cancer genomics and proteomics. One of her recent projects involves developing methodology for distinguishing second primary tumors from metastases using point mutations, copy number or next generation sequencing data. Other interests include developing new methods for prognostic modeling using mutation data. Dr. Ostrovnaya is a biostatistician for neuroblastoma group, POETIC clinical trials (Pediatric Oncology Experimental Therapeutic Consortium) and for the bladder cancer group in the Department of Medicine. She is also working with the lab of Dr. James Hsieh.
- Data Analysis Journal Discussion
- Discussing of “Correcting gene expression data when neither the unwanted variation nor the factor of interest are observed”
- Discussion of A Partitioning Deletion/Substitution/Addition Algorithm for Creating Survival Risk Groups
- Discussion of Predicting False Discovery Proportion Under Dependence
- Genomic Data Analysis Journal Club
- Novel Algorithm for Stratifying Patients into Survival Risk Groups Using Mutation Data at Selected Genes