I am a surgical oncologist specializing in tumors of the head and neck, both benign and malignant. At Memorial Sloan Kettering, our head and neck team includes more than 40 leading specialists. All of us have dedicated our careers to helping patients with head and neck diseases. I work closely with superb experts in radiation and chemotherapy, endocrinology, imaging, pathology, dentistry, and speech and swallowing rehabilitation. My responsibility is to lead your treatment team, and develop the most-effective strategy possible.
I decided to become a head and neck surgeon in medical school, when I began to realize how surgery can improve the lives of many patients — not only when we pursue cure of cancer, but also when we improve quality of life. For certain tumors, I perform minimally invasive surgery using endoscopic techniques, which improves outcomes and speeds recovery. Recognizing that every person is unique, my patients and I develop a customized plan of treatment together.
Personalizing cancer treatment on a broad scale is the goal of my research. As part of a cancer genetics laboratory group in Memorial Sloan Kettering’s Human Oncology and Pathogenesis Program, I am studying the head and neck cancer genome, discovering new genes that drive these cancers and affect the success of treatment. In addition to my medical degree, I also earned a graduate degree in biostatistics, to help bridge the gap between laboratory results and clinical trials. Ultimately, our research seeks to empower doctors and patients to select a course of treatment that is tailored to every patient’s unique situation.
- Clinical Expertise: Head and Neck Surgery/Oncology; Thyroid and Parathyroid Surgery' cancers of the Oral Cavity (mouth), Pharynx (throat), Larynx (voice box), esophagus, Trachea, Parotid and Salivary Glands, Nose, Sinus and Skull Base; Skin Cancers; Melanoma; Tumors of the ear Canal and Temporal Bone; Minimally Invasive Transoral Surgery of the Larynx and Pharynx.; Benign and Malignant Tracheal Disease; Tracheal Stenosis; Subglottic Stenosis
- Languages Spoken: English
- Education: MD, New York University School of Medicine
- Residencies: General Surgery - New York University Medical Center
- Fellowships: Head and Neck Surgical Oncology - Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer
- Board Certifications: Otolaryngology -- Head and Neck Surgery
Research is integral to our mission at Memorial Sloan Kettering, and clinical trials help us discover better forms of patient care and treatment. For you, this could mean access to a new therapy or therapy combination. Click to see a list of the trials I’m currently leading.
Clinical Trials Led by Luc G. T. Morris
Clinical Trials Co-Investigated by Luc G. T. Morris
Most major health insurers offer plans that include MSK as one of their in-network providers. If MSK is in-network, it means all our doctors are too. Medicaid and New York State Medicare also provide benefits for care at MSK.Learn more