Dr. Sawyers is investigating the signaling pathways that drive the growth of cancer cells, with an eye toward designing new treatment options for patients with chronic myeloid leukemia, prostate cancer, and glioblastoma.
Charles L. Sawyers, MD
Chair, Human Oncology and Pathogenesis Program
Research FocusHuman Oncology and Pathogenesis Program Chair Charles Sawyers develops molecularly targeted cancer therapy.
EducationMD, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
- Wheeler DB, Zoncu R, Root DE, Sabatini DM, Sawyers CL. Identification of an oncogenic RAB protein. Science. 2015 Sep 3. pii: aaa4903. [Epub ahead of print]
- Robinson D, Van Allen EM, Wu YM, Schultz N, Lonigro RJ, Mosquera JM, Montgomery B, Taplin ME, Pritchard CC, Attard G, Beltran H, Abida W, Bradley RK, Vinson J, Cao X, Vats P, Kunju LP, Hussain M, Feng FY, Tomlins SA, Cooney KA, Smith DC, Brennan C, Siddiqui J, Mehra R, Chen Y, Rathkopf DE, Morris MJ, Solomon SB, Durack JC, Reuter VE, Gopalan A, Gao J, Loda M, Lis RT, Bowden M, Balk SP, Gaviola G, Sougnez C, Gupta M, Yu EY, Mostaghel EA, Cheng HH, Mulcahy H, True LD, Plymate SR, Dvinge H, Ferraldeschi R, Flohr P, Miranda S, Zafeiriou Z, Tunariu N, Mateo J, Perez-Lopez R, Demichelis F, Robinson BD, Schiffman M, Nanus DM, Tagawa ST, Sigaras A, Eng KW, Elemento O, Sboner A, Heath EI, Scher HI, Pienta KJ, Kantoff P, de Bono JS, Rubin MA, Nelson PS, Garraway LA, Sawyers CL, Chinnaiyan AM. Integrative clinical genomics of advanced prostate cancer. Cell. 2015 May 21;161(5):1215-28.
- Breakthrough Prize in Life Sciences (2013)
- Science of Oncology Award, American Society of Clinical Oncology (2013)
- Stanley J. Korsmeyer Award, American Society of Clinical Investigation (2011)
- Member, National Academy of Sciences (2010)
- Lasker~DeBakey Clinical Medical Research Award, Lasker Foundation (2009)