Associate Director for Clinical Research, David M. Rubenstein Center for Pancreatic Cancer Research
I am a medical oncologist whose research and clinical activities focus on treating patients with pancreatic and hepatobiliary malignancies. I work very closely with a team of surgeons, oncologists, and radiation therapists to determine and provide the best treatment for patients with these diseases.
My research initiatives include the integration of molecular and genetic-based therapies into the treatment of pancreas cancer, developing adjuvant and neoadjuvant therapies, and identifying biomarkers that may be used to select therapy. I also teach and mentor national and international oncology fellows, junior faculty, residents, and house staff and have received numerous teaching awards.
I am the principal investigator of multiple phase I, II, and III clinical trials in pancreas cancer and have authored and co-authored many articles, editorials, and book chapters. I am also Associate Chair of MSK’s Institutional Review and Privacy Board (IRB), a member of the Research Council, and Chair of the Continuing Medical Education (CME) committee.
Nationally, I am the Chair of the NCI Pancreas Task Force, a member of the Alliance GI Core Committee, and serve on the Scientific Advisory Board of the Pancreas Cancer Action Network, NCCN Pancreas panel, Board of the National Pancreas Foundation, and ASCO IMT committee. I received my medical degree from Trinity College at Dublin University in Ireland, where I was born.
- Clinical Expertise: Esophageal Cancer; Gastric Cancer; Pancreatic, Hepatobiliary, and Colorectal Cancers; Unknown Primary Tumors
- Awards and Honors: New York Magazine Top Doctors (2005-2016)
- Languages Spoken: English
- Education: MD, Trinity College
- Residencies: Internal Medicine - St. James's Hospital
- Fellowships: Internal Medicine/Medical Oncology - St. Vincent's Hospital; Medical Oncology - Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center; Medicine - Cornell University Medical Center
- Board Certifications: Internal Medicine (Ireland)
Research is integral to our mission at Memorial Sloan Kettering, and clinical trials help us discover better forms of patient care and treatment. For you, this could mean access to a new therapy or therapy combination. Click to see a list of the trials I’m currently leading.
Clinical Trials Led by Eileen M. O'Reilly
- A Phase I Study of MVT-5873 Alone or with Chemotherapy in Patients with Pancreatic Cancer and Other CA19-9 Positive Tumors
- A Phase Ib Study of Immunotherapy with RO6895882 plus Atezolizumab in Patients with Locally Advanced or Metastatic Solid Tumors
- A Phase II Study Comparing Chemotherapy Alone and with Radiation Therapy before Surgery in Patients with Borderline Operable Pancreatic Cancer
- Two Phase II Studies of Veliparib for Pancreatic Cancer with a BRCA or PALB2 Mutation: Gemcitabine & Cisplatin with/without Veliparib in Untreated Pancreatic Cancer (Part I) & Veliparib Alone for Patients with Previously Treated Pancreatic Cancer (Part…
Clinical Trials Co-Investigated by Eileen M. O'Reilly
- A Phase I Study of Galunisertib and Durvalumab Immunotherapy in Patients with Metastatic Pancreatic Cancer
- A Phase I Study of Stereotactic Body Radiotherapy after Chemotherapy for Locally Advanced Inoperable Pancreatic Cancer
- A Phase Ib Study of PF-04136309 plus Gemcitabine and Nab-Paclitaxel in Patients with Previously Untreated Metastatic Pancreatic Cancer
- A Phase III Study of Olaparib versus Placebo as Maintenance Therapy in Patients with BRCA-Mutated Metastatic Pancreatic Cancer with Stable Disease after Platinum-Based Chemotherapy
- A Phase III Trial Evaluating Both Erlotinib and Chemoradiation as Adjuvant Treatment for Patients with Resected Pancreatic Cancer
- A Pilot Study of Gemcitabine, Nab-Paclitaxel, PEGPH20, and Rivaroxaban for Advanced Pancreatic Cancer
Most major health insurers offer plans that include MSK as one of their in-network providers. If MSK is in-network, it means all our doctors are too. Medicaid and New York State Medicare also provide benefits for care at MSK.Learn more