Associate Director for Clinical Research, David M. Rubenstein Center for Pancreatic Cancer Research
I am a gastrointestinal medical oncologist with a major focus on treating pancreatic, biliary, primary liver cancers and other gastrointestinal malignancies. I work very closely with a team of surgeons, oncologists, and radiation therapists to determine and provide the best treatment for each patient with these diseases.
My research initiatives include developing methods to integrate molecular-based therapies into the treatment of pancreas cancer, and developing adjvuant and neoadjuvant therapy and new treatments for advanced disease.
At a national level, I am a member of CALGB’s gastrointestinal cancer committee and I also participate in other major co-operative oncology groups. At Memorial Sloan Kettering I am a member of the Institutional Review Board (IRB), Research Council, Clinical Council, and Electronic Chemotherapy Order Entry committees. My main educational focus is teaching and training oncology graduates nationally and internationally.
- Clinical Expertise: Esophageal Cancer; Gastric Cancer; Pancreatic, Hepatobiliary, and Colorectal Cancers; Unknown Primary Tumors
- Languages Spoken: English
- Education: MD, Trinity College Dublin (Ireland)
- Residencies: St. Vincent's Hospital (Dublin)
- Fellowships: Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Board Certifications: Internal Medicine (Ireland)
Research is integral to our mission at Memorial Sloan Kettering, and clinical trials help us discover better forms of patient care and treatment. For you, this could mean access to a new therapy or therapy combination. Click to see a list of the trials I’m currently leading.
Clinical Trials Led by Eileen M. O'Reilly
- A Phase I/II Study of M402 in Combination with Gemcitabine in Patients with Previously Untreated Metastatic Pancreatic Cancer
- A Phase IB/II Study of OMP-59R5 with Gemcitabine in Patients with Previously Untreated Metastatic Pancreatic Cancer
- A Phase III Study Comparing Gemcitabine plus nab-Paclitaxel to Gemcitabine Alone After Pancreatic Cancer Surgery
- A Phase III Study of Capecitabine with Ruxolitinib or Placebo to Treat Advanced Pancreatic Cancer
- Two Phase II Studies of Veliparib for Pancreatic Cancer with a BRCA or PALB2 Mutation: Gemcitabine & Cisplatin with/without Veliparib in Untreated Pancreatic Cancer (Part I) & Veliparib Alone for Patients with Previously Treated Pancreatic Cancer (Part…
Clinical Trials Co-Investigated by Eileen M. O'Reilly
- A Phase IB Study of ADI-PEG 20 plus Nab-Paclitaxel and Gemcitabine in Patients with Advanced Pancreatic Cancer
- A Phase III Study of Low-Dose Gemcitabine with and without 90Y-Clivatuzumab in Patients with Metastatic Pancreatic Cancer Who Have Had Two or More Prior Treatments
- A Phase III Trial Evaluating Both Erlotinib and Chemoradiation as Adjuvant Treatment for Patients with Resected Pancreatic Cancer
- A Two-Stage Pilot Study of PEGPH20 and Cetuximab in Patients with Pancreatic Cancer When Given Before Tumor Removal
- Coping with Cancer II