Associate Director for Clinical Research, David M. Rubenstein Center for Pancreatic Cancer Research
I am a medical oncologist whose research and clinical activities focus on treating patients with pancreatic and hepatobiliary malignancies. I work very closely with a team of surgeons, oncologists, and radiation therapists to determine and provide the best treatment for patients with these diseases.
My research initiatives include the integration of molecular and genetic-based therapies into the treatment of pancreas cancer, developing adjuvant and neoadjuvant therapies, and identifying biomarkers that may be used to select therapy. I also teach and mentor national and international oncology fellows, junior faculty, residents, and house staff and have received numerous teaching awards.
I am the principal investigator of multiple phase I, II, and III clinical trials in pancreas cancer and have authored and co-authored many articles, editorials, and book chapters. I am also Associate Chair of MSK’s Institutional Review and Privacy Board (IRB), a member of the Research Council, and Chair of the Continuing Medical Education (CME) committee.
Nationally, I am the Chair of the NCI Pancreas Task Force, a member of the Alliance GI Core Committee, and serve on the Scientific Advisory Board of the Pancreas Cancer Action Network, NCCN Pancreas panel, Board of the National Pancreas Foundation, and ASCO IMT committee. I received my medical degree from Trinity College at Dublin University in Ireland, where I was born.
- Clinical Expertise: Esophageal Cancer; Gastric Cancer; Pancreatic, Hepatobiliary, and Colorectal Cancers; Unknown Primary Tumors
- Languages Spoken: English
- Education: MD, Trinity College Dublin (Ireland)
- Residencies: St. Vincent's Hospital (Dublin)
- Fellowships: Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Board Certifications: Internal Medicine (Ireland)
Research is integral to our mission at Memorial Sloan Kettering, and clinical trials help us discover better forms of patient care and treatment. For you, this could mean access to a new therapy or therapy combination. Click to see a list of the trials I’m currently leading.
Clinical Trials Led by Eileen M. O'Reilly
- A Phase I/II Study of M402 in Combination with Gemcitabine in Patients with Previously Untreated Metastatic Pancreatic Cancer
- A Phase I/II Study of Ulocuplumab plus Nivolumab in Patients with Pancreatic and Small Cell Lung Cancers
- A Phase III Study Comparing Gemcitabine plus nab-Paclitaxel to Gemcitabine Alone After Pancreatic Cancer Surgery
- A Phase III Study of Capecitabine with Ruxolitinib or Placebo to Treat Advanced Pancreatic Cancer
- Two Phase II Studies of Veliparib for Pancreatic Cancer with a BRCA or PALB2 Mutation: Gemcitabine & Cisplatin with/without Veliparib in Untreated Pancreatic Cancer (Part I) & Veliparib Alone for Patients with Previously Treated Pancreatic Cancer (Part…
Clinical Trials Co-Investigated by Eileen M. O'Reilly
- A Phase IB Study of ADI-PEG 20 plus Nab-Paclitaxel and Gemcitabine in Patients with Advanced Pancreatic Cancer
- A Phase III Study of Low-Dose Gemcitabine with and without 90Y-Clivatuzumab in Patients with Metastatic Pancreatic Cancer Who Have Had Two or More Prior Treatments
- A Two-Stage Pilot Study of PEGPH20 and Cetuximab in Patients with Pancreatic Cancer When Given Before Tumor Removal
- Coping with Cancer II