I am a board-certified medical oncologist and physician-scientist specializing in the care of people with gastrointestinal cancers, including colon cancer, rectal cancer, pancreatic cancer, and neuroendocrine tumors. I work closely with a team of medical oncologists, surgeons, radiation oncologists, and nurses to provide the best possible care to my patients and their families.
Read more Read less
My research is focused on studying metastasis: how cancer cells that originate in the gastrointestinal tract spread to, grow, and become resistant to treatment in distant organs such as the liver, lungs, and brain. To do this, I use cutting-edge technology to study living cancer cells in tumors removed from patients during surgery. My ultimate goal is to use the insights gained from these studies to develop more effective drugs for treating advanced cancers.
- Clinical Expertise: Colon Cancer; Rectal Cancer; Pancreatic Cancer; Gastrointestinal Neuroendocrine Tumors
- Awards and Honors: Shulamit Katzman Endowed Fellowship (2017); American Association for Cancer Research Basic Cancer Research Fellowship (2016); American Society of Clinical Oncology Young Investigator Award (2016)
- Languages Spoken: English; German; Hindi; Tamil
- Education: MD, PhD, University of Cambridge (UK)
- Residencies: Internal Medicine - Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center/Harvard Medical School
- Fellowships: Medical Oncology – Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Board Certifications: Internal Medicine; Medical Oncology
As home to one of the world’s top cancer research centers, Memorial Sloan Kettering is typically involved in more than 900 clinical trials at a given time. Currently, clinical trials focused on the conditions I treat are enrolling new patients. If you’re interested in joining a clinical trial, click to learn about the trial’s purpose, eligibility criteria, and how to get more information.Learn more
Most major health insurers offer plans that include MSK as one of their in-network providers. If MSK is in-network, it means all our doctors are too. Medicaid and New York State Medicare also provide benefits for care at MSK.Learn more