I am a board-certified psychiatrist who specializes in the psychological treatment of people with breast cancer and their families. I also counsel women at high risk of breast cancer who are considering risk reducing options. In addition to clinical activities, my research interests have focused on developing ways to reduce the disparities in health care experienced by medically underserved women with cancer.
Read more Read less
For more than 20 years I served as Chair of Memorial Sloan Kettering’s Graduate Medical Education Committee. I now serve as Chair Emeritus and in this role I help oversee the education of medical students, residents, and fellows who train at MSK. An important committee goal is to maintain excellence in our teaching programs. Because of my commitment to education, former New York State Governor David Paterson appointed me to chair the New York State Council on Graduate Medical Education (COGME) and I continue in that role.
- Clinical Expertise: Psychiatric Problems Associated with Breast Cancer and Women at High Genetic Risk
- Awards and Honors: Castle Connolly: New York Magazine Top Doctors (2015-2017)
- Languages Spoken: English
- Education: MD, State University of New York at Buffalo School of Medicine
- Residencies: Edward J. Meyer Memorial Hospital; Montefiore Hospital (Bronx, New York)
- Fellowships: Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Board Certifications: Psychiatry
As home to one of the world’s top cancer research centers, Memorial Sloan Kettering is typically involved in more than 900 clinical trials at a given time. Currently, clinical trials focused on the conditions I treat are enrolling new patients. If you’re interested in joining a clinical trial, click to learn about the trial’s purpose, eligibility criteria, and how to get more information.Learn more
Most major health insurers offer plans that include MSK as one of their in-network providers. If MSK is in-network, it means all our doctors are too. Medicaid and New York State Medicare also provide benefits for care at MSK.Learn more