Psychiatrists, psychologists, neuropsychologists, and advanced practice providers in the Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences are committed to the care of patients and caregivers with cancer-related distress. We have expertise in assisting patients with difficulties with coping that can arise during diagnosis and treatment.
Our clinicians are available throughout all MSK locations and via telemedicine.
Our expertise and services for cancer-related distress include:
- assessment and evaluation
- comprehensive psychotherapy services, including individual, family, couples, and group counseling
- psycho-pharmacological treatment or medication management
- neuropsychological evaluation
- caregiver and bereavement support
- child and adolescent behavioral health, support for older adults with cancer , and referrals to MSK programs including sexual health and tobacco cessation