- diagnostic assessment and evaluation of psychiatric disorders
- comprehensive psychotherapy services, including individual, family, couples, and group counseling
- pharmacological treatment of psychiatric disorders and complications in cancer patients
- neuropsychological evaluation and testing
- caregiver and bereavement support
- assistance in geriatric psychiatry
- referrals to MSK programs in sexual health and tobacco cessation.
Psychiatrists, psychologists, neuropsychologists, and other faculty members in the Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences are committed to the urgent as well as routine care of patients with cancer. We have expertise in assisting patients with the spectrum of psychiatric and behavioral issues that can arise during diagnosis and treatment.
Many family members and caregivers also receive assistance from us.
In addition to help delivered at the Counseling Center, our attending physicians are present at the Evelyn H. Lauder Breast Center, Sidney Kimmel Center for Prostate and Urologic Cancers, and Memorial Sloan Kettering West Harrison and Commack locations.
Three of our child and adolescent psychiatrists care for inpatients and outpatients – and their parents – in the Pediatric Day Hospital.
Our expertise and services include:
Our experts assist patients in coping with agitation, insomnia, cachexia, fatigue, pain, and suicidal thoughts. We also can assist in evaluating patient decision-making capacity.