Memorial Sloan Kettering’s Psycho-Oncology Education & Training Institute is led by faculty members in our Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, a global leader in evidence-based medicine in oncology and the original home to this psychiatry subspecialty in cancer.
The institute’s goal is to expand training opportunities in psycho-oncology for psychiatrists, psychologists, nurses, and social workers in the oncology setting. CME courses are taught by MSK faculty and open to enrollment by non-MSK providers.
Behavioral Sciences Service
- Kevin Browne
- Hrafn Oli Sigurddsson
- Nessa Colle
Ethics & Survivorship
We offer daylong and half-day courses at state-of-the art teaching facilities in Manhattan.
- Meaning Centered Psychotherapy
- CBT in a Cancer Center
- Tobacco Cessation Interventions
- Management of Delirium and Depression
- Screening, Assessment and Diagnosis
- Communication Skills
- Families and Pediatrics – Parents/Children
Scheduled CME Courses
Resources for Participants
- Online Courses and Training Program Webinar Courses
- Secure and password protected website with centralized communication data collection from participants
- Message board
- Materials storage/data collection portal