I am a medical oncologist who specializes in the treatment of head and neck malignancies. These include cancers of the upper aerodigestive tract, skin, salivary glands, and thyroid. My research interest lies in translating emerging scientific knowledge of these diseases into new drug therapies.
- Clinical Expertise: Medical Treatment of Cancers of the Head and Neck
- Languages Spoken: English
- Education: MD, PhD, Washington University School of Medicine
- Residencies: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center
- Fellowships: Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Board Certifications: Internal Medicine; Medical Oncology
Most major health insurers offer plans that include MSK as one of their in-network providers. If MSK is in-network, it means all our doctors are too. Medicaid and New York State Medicare also provide benefits for care at MSK.Learn more
Research is integral to our mission at Memorial Sloan Kettering, and clinical trials help us discover better forms of patient care and treatment. For you, this could mean access to a new therapy or therapy combination. Click to see a list of the trials I’m currently leading.
Clinical Trials Led by Alan L. Ho
- A Phase II Study of Lenvatinib in Patients with Adenoid Cystic Carcinoma
- A Phase II Study of Radioactive Iodine (RAI) with Selumetinib or a Placebo to Treat RAI-Avid Recurrent or Metastatic Thyroid Cancer
- A Phase II Study of Tipifarnib in Patients with Advanced Solid Tumors Containing HRAS Mutations
- A Phase II Study of Trametinib to Enhance Radioactive Iodine (RAI) Uptake in Patients with RAI-Resistant Recurrent or Metastatic Thyroid Cancer
- A Pilot Study of Vemurafenib and KTN3379 to Enhance Radioactive Iodine (RAI) Uptake in Patients with RAI-Resistant Thyroid Cancer