I am a medical oncologist who specializes in the treatment of head and neck malignancies, specifically cancers of the salivary glands and thyroid. My research interest lies in translating emerging scientific knowledge of these diseases into new drug therapies.
- Clinical Expertise: Salivary Gland Cancer; Thyroid Cancer
- Languages Spoken: English
- Education: MD, PhD, Washington University School of Medicine
- Residencies: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center
- Fellowships: Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Board Certifications: Internal Medicine; Medical Oncology
Most major health insurers offer plans that include MSK as one of their in-network providers. If MSK is in-network, it means all our doctors are too. Medicaid and New York State Medicare also provide benefits for care at MSK.Learn more
Research is integral to our mission at Memorial Sloan Kettering, and clinical trials help us discover better forms of patient care and treatment. For you, this could mean access to a new therapy or therapy combination. Click to see a list of the trials I’m currently leading.
Clinical Trials Led by Alan L. Ho
- A Phase II Study of Lenvatinib in Patients with Adenoid Cystic Carcinoma
- A Phase II Study of Radioactive Iodine (RAI) with Selumetinib or a Placebo to Treat RAI-Avid Recurrent or Metastatic Thyroid Cancer
- A Phase II Study of Tipifarnib in Patients with Advanced Solid Tumors Containing HRAS Mutations