Memorial Hospital Research Laboratories
The Prasad Adusumilli Lab
Research led by Prasad S. Adusumilli focuses on investigation of the tumor immune microenvironment and the development of T-cell‒mediated immunotherapy for thoracic malignancies and pleural-based diseases. His team has championed regional immunotherapy delivery strategies, resulting in translation of mesothelin-targeted CAR T-cell immunotherapy for malignant pleural mesothelioma, lung, and breast cancers.
Pictured: Image from the cover of Journal of Clinical Investigation, August 2016
Cherkassky L, Morello A, Villena-Vargas J, Feng Y, Dimitrov DS, Jones DR, Sadelain M, Adusumilli PS. Human CAR T cells with cell-intrinsic PD-1 checkpoint blockade resist tumor-mediated inhibition. J Clin Invest. 2016;126(8):3130-44.
Adusumilli PS, Cherkassky L, Villena-Vargas J, Colovos C, Servais E, Plotkin J, Jones DR, Sadelain M. Regional delivery of mesothelin-targeted CAR T cell therapy generates potent and long-lasting CD4-dependent tumor immunity. Sci Transl Med. 2014;6(261):261ra151.
Nitadori J, Bograd AJ, Kadota K, Sima CS, Rizk NP, Morales EA, Rusch VW, Travis WD, Adusumilli PS. Impact of micropapillary histologic subtype in selecting limited resection vs lobectomy for lung adenocarcinoma of 2 cm or smaller. J Natl Cancer Inst. 2013;105(16):1212-20.
Prasad S. Adusumilli, MD
Deputy Chief and Attending, Thoracic Service; Vice Chair for Translational Research, Department of Surgery; Co-Director, Mesothelioma Program; Head, Solid Tumors Cell Therapy, Cellular Therapeutics Center
- Physician-scientist Prasad S. Adusumilli studies tumor immunology and the development of T-cell‒mediated immunotherapy for thoracic malignancies and pleural-based diseases.
- View physician profile
- Physician profile
- MS, Biomedical Engineering, Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, NY
- BS, Biology, St. John’s University, New York City, NY
- MD, Ross University School of Medicine, Dominica/New York, NY
- Biotechnology and Biotherapy, Paris Diderot University, Paris, France
- MS, Cardiovascular Physiology, Paris Descartes University, Paris, France
- MS, Biology Engineering, The University of Science and Technology, Algiers, Algeria
- PhD, Microbiology and Biochemical Pharmacy, Shandong University, Jinan, P.R. China
- PhD, Molecular Biology, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Santiago de Compostela, Santiago, Spain
- PhD, Biotechnology, Kyoto Institute of Technology, Kyoto, Japan
- MS, Applied Biology, Kyoto Institute of Technology, Kyoto, Japan
- BS, York College, New York, NY
- PhD, Pathology and Pathophysiology, Fudan University, Shanghai, China
- MS, Immunology, Guangzhou Medical College, Guangzhou, China
- MD, North China Coal Medical College, Tangshan, China
- BS, Biology, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York
- PhD, Graduate Institute of Pathology, National Taiwan University College of Medicine, Taipei, Taiwan
- MD, National Taiwan University College of Medicine, Taipei, Taiwan
- PharmD, Pharmaceutic Innovation and Research, University of Nantes, Nantes, France
- PhD, Biology and Health, University of Nantes, Nantes, France
- MS, Development and Control of Health Products, University of Nantes, Nantes, France