Research led by Prasad Adusumilli focuses primarily on tumor immunology and the development of T-cell-mediated immunotherapy for thoracic malignancies and pleural-based diseases. In recent years, Dr. Adusumilli has devoted his efforts to study the tumor immune microenvironment in thoracic malignancies and developing mesothelin-targeted immunotherapy for malignant pleural mesothelioma and lung cancer.
- Adusumilli PS, Cherkassky L, Villena-Vargas J, Colovos C, Servais E, Plotkin J, Jones DR, Sadelain M. Regional delivery of mesothelin-targeted CAR T cell therapy generates potent and long-lasting CD4-dependent tumor immunity. Sci Transl Med. 2014 Nov 5;6(261):261ra151.
- Nitadori J, Bograd AJ, Kadota K, Sima CS, Rizk NP, Morales EA, Rusch VW, Travis WD, Adusumilli PS*. Impact of Micropapillary Histologic Subtype in Selecting Limited Resection vs Lobectomy for Lung Adenocarcinoma of 2cm or Smaller. J Natl Cancer Inst 2013; Aug 21;105(16):1212-20. Epub 2013 Aug 7. (PMC 3748005)
- Department of Defense (DoD) Technology/Therapeutic Development Award (2011-2014)
- Department of Defense (DoD) Lung Cancer Promising Clinician Research Award (2012)
- American Association for Thoracic Surgery (AATS) Third Edward D. Churchill Research Scholarship (2009)
- International Association for Study of Lung Cancer (IASLC) Young Investigator Award (2008)