As the Senior Vice President for Research and Technology Management (RTM) at MSK, Eric has overall responsibility for the Office of Research and Project Administration (ORPA), Clinical Research Administration (CRA), Research Outreach and Compliance (ROC), the Office of Technology Development (OTD), and RTM Information Technology (RTM IT). In this capacity, he provides senior leadership in the areas of:
- research financial and strategic planning;
- grants and research fund management;
- clinical and laboratory research operations and compliance including protocol activation and management, human subject protection, animal welfare, biosafety, and research misconduct;
- research education and communication;
- partnerships with industry and other research institutions;
- intellectual property management and commercialization.
Eric joined MSK in February 2008. Prior to that he was the Associate Vice President for Research at Case Western Reserve University from 2000 to 2008, where he had similar responsibilities.
Eric received his PhD in epidemiology from the University of Pittsburgh’s Graduate School of Public Health and his master’s degree in public management from Carnegie Mellon University. His areas of research interest include clinical trial design and analysis, medical effectiveness and outcomes research, and psychosocial risk factors for chronic diseases.